source code released by SGI

Suhaib M. Siddiqi ssiddiqi@ipass.net
Mon May 31 16:42:00 GMT 1999

> "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <ssiddiqi@ipass.net> writes:
> > If I am correct,  It is GLX for XFree86 for Linux.
> > The othet source code from SGI is OpenValt.  That is not a graphics =
> > thing.
> >
> > IBM released Visual Data Analyzer and it compiles perfect with Cywin =
> > using Lesstif 0.88.1. =20
>
> For those interested, visit IBM Research Visualization Data Explorer
> site http://www.research.ibm.com/dx/
>
> They actually mention Cygwin as a (supported) platform! This is indeed a
> very good endorsement of Cygwin.

Yes, it is a very good endorsement. Unfortunately, at LessTif we found that
they claimed that DX will compile with LessTif without even testing themselves.
Now, we are getting mail bombed by LessTif users that it does not work, though IBM said at their web pages *it does.*

To help LessTif users I am working of DX port for Cygwin using LessTif 0.88.1.

Here is a copy of mail from one of the IBM DX user to LessTif Team.

Regards
Suhaib

---mail copy---
Suhaib, if you can confirm those behaviors, will be nice.

If confirm, we have to extract the misbehave test cases.
if the time resources permit it.

> 2) Tutorial I and II don't work. Selecting "Run Tutorial..."
>    displays an empty DX Tutorial window.

must be lesstif related, Motif work correctly

> 3) "No Help available" when selecting Help in the
>    Data Explorer menu window.

must be lesstif related, Motif work correctly

> 4) In the VPE window, Help windows appear and seem to load
>    something, but no text is visible.

must be lesstif related, Motif work correctly

> 5) "No Syntax Help Available" for modules

have to look at , dont know