Problem with Cygwin - corrupted other files in the system.

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon May 31 21:10:00 GMT 1999

--- chezhiyan sivagurunathan <chezhiyan.sivagurunathan@mail.sprint.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Cygwin in my maching(Windows NT 4.0), hoping that this
> software will help me till the time I get access to my corporate UNIX
> system. But, Cygwin has corrupted my files. When I try to start other
> applications in my systems, it launches the Cygwin setup. I downloaded
> some gzip files from the internet, the same thing is happening with
> those files too.
>
> Why is this happing ? I can not simply format the hard disk and load the
> applications once again. Is there any way I can get rid of this problem
> ? Please help me.

This is the first I've heard of this happening.  You'll have to be specific
here.  What exactly do you mean by "Cygwin has corrupted my files"?  What
exactly do you mean by "When I try to start other applications in my systems,
it lauches the Cygwin setup"?

Be specific, give exactly the commands you are doing, and in what shell.  Give
exactly the results of the commands.  Tell what your environment is, i.e. NT
sp1, sp2, sp3, etc; 95 osr1 or osr2; etc.

If at all possible do paste in the output of `cygcheck -s -v -r'

===
"Earnie Boyd" < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html >