Please help!

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon May 31 21:10:00 GMT 1999

--- "Smith, Ron" <rlsmith@kmg.com> wrote:

Hi Ron,

> i am trying to duplicate the following command.  I am currently using the
> U/WIN utilities but I am trying to replace them with cygwin.
>
> U/Win syntax:
>
> d:\usr\bin\ksh.exe "find /d/datatools/dumpdata -ctime +10 | xargs ls -la "
>

> cygwin syntax:
>
> C:\CYGNUS\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe "find q:\datatools\dumpdata
> -ctime +10 | xargs ls -la "

if you "mount" the q: directory like this `mount q:\\ /q' then the syntax for
find under bash would be `find /q/datatools/dumpdata -ctime +10 | xargs ls
-la'.  If you execute the cygwin find under DOS then the syntax would be as you
stated it.

> I am looking for files older than 10 days so they can be listed.  This will
> be modified to delete the files.
>
> I have tried making a mount point out of the q:\datatools\dumpdata but that
> didn't seem to help.

You must use two \ in order to get it correctly mounted.  I.E. mkdir /dumpdata
&& mount q:\\datatools\\dumpdata /dumpdata

> Thanks!

You're Welcome.  If you have further problems paste (not attached) the results
of `cygcheck -s -v -r' in a mail.
===
"Earnie Boyd" < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
CYGWIN RELATED HELP: