resolving symbolic links

Halim, Salman salman@bluestone.com
Wed Nov 10 06:54:00 GMT 1999

that turns /tmp into c:\tmp; i need it to turn into c:\temp, which is what
the actual directory is.  basically, i would like to be able to call
non-cygwin programs from my command line with something like:

runCommand '<somecommand> <params> /tmp/<something>' and have it change the
/tmp to c:\temp and then run the command.  but i need the link to be
resolved.

regards,

   Salman Halim                 Advanced Technology Group

   Bluestone Software           Phone:  (856) 727-4600
   1000 Briggs Rd.                       ext. 1085
   Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054         Email:  salman@bluestone.com
   Would you  care for a drink?   I mean, if it  were, like,
   disabled and you had to look after it?