Building C++ library DLL

vincent penne vincent.penne@freesbee.fr
Fri Nov 12 11:52:00 GMT 1999

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Mumit Khan <khan@nanotech.wisc.edu>
À : vincent penne <vincent.penne@freesbee.fr>
Cc : cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Date : vendredi 12 novembre 1999 18:12
Objet : Re: Building C++ library DLL

>It should work. Why not just try it out?

I tryed on a simple example, and it turned out that one problem came from
the fact that the extenstion of my objects was not .o but .dllo (it's
because I was creating a static library at the same time).
It seems dllwrap only works when it is given some .o objects ...

My simple example works then ...

But with a more complicate library, I still have some internal compiler
error when using class that are defined as
class __declspec(dllimport) foo

Here is an example of such message :

././Fl_Menu_Type.cxx:469: Internal compiler error, output_operand_lossage
`inval
id expression as operand'

The line where it crashes is a declaration of a variable of type foo, it is
not a variable of the library, but a variable of the program that uses it

I am using gcc 2.95, but I encountered some internal errors with egcs too
(however I'm not sure they were happening at the same points, I might try
this now ...)