Compiling RPM 3.0.3

Steve Bloomfield SteveBloomfield@winn-dixie.com
Fri Nov 19 05:36:00 GMT 1999

I would like to get rpm working under NT and noticed an old binary for
Cygwin b20, but it expected a b20 system and I am using version 1.0.  I
downloaded version 3.0.3 from rpm.org and run configure but it complains
that I don't have libdb.a.  Looking around on rpm.org they report that a
Cygwin port is available from ftp.blackcatlinux.com but ftp times out when I
go there.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Considering Redhat
purchased Cygnus, I would assume RPM would eventually be included with
Cygwin, but I would like to us it now.

Thanks,
Steve Bloomfield