cygwin configuration and registry

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Tue Nov 30 23:39:00 GMT 1999

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 06:15:07PM -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:
>Is there a list of keys that I could recover from the first install, to
>import to the second?  Or some other method to make Cygwin work in the
>second install, without having to re-install it?

The only thing that cygwin stores in the registry is the mount table.
So, if you have not mounted anything specifically, you should be able
to get by with something like:

    mount -b x:\cygwin-cd /

where x:\cygwin-cd is wherever the CD stuff was installed.

You also will probably have to add

    x:\cygwin-cd\bin;x:\cygwin-cd\contrib\bin

to the windows PATH through the control panel.

cgf