Cygwin V1.0 and Win95/98

N8TM@aol.com N8TM@aol.com
Tue Nov 30 23:39:00 GMT 1999

In a message dated 11/7/99 8:27:17 AM EST, Svagera@atp.tuwien.ac.at writes:

> The Cygwin V1.0 datasheet lists under supported
>  platforms only: Windows NT 4.0 service patch 3
>  Does this mean that it cannot be used under Win95/98 or
>  is it possible to use it with some restrictions as it was
>  possible with previous Cygwin versions and as it is mentioned
>  in Cygwin Whitepaper.
Chris Faylor addressed this on this mail list.  There is no change; this
simply means that they were not able to pass all the quality assurance tests
when running on W9x.  You must expect certain operations to remain broken on
W9x; until informed otherwise, I would expect some to remain broken on NT as
well.

Tim
tprince@computer.org