Long Path Name troubles

John Huddleston jhudd@cody.itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Tue Nov 30 23:39:00 GMT 1999

Dan,

I guess the key is that Cygnus is not a stand alone operating
system.  Placing condensed (eight char) paths into your PATH
makes it run faster under Windows 98.  NT handles it much
better.

>From your previous email to the group, it was apparent that
you have installed B20 under X:\src.  Also, I noticed that
you installed it under a X partition with a different name,
using CygWin and not Cygnus.

>  "X:\src\CygWin\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\bin"

B19 was especially sensitive to location and B20 might be
as well.  To offset that you can do the following from the
COMMAND window

c:
cd\
mkdir Cygnus
mount -b X:\src\CygWin /Cygnus

This will create a mount point and all will look OK to B20.
Remember to add the correct PATH in your autoexec.bat
file.