HELP!!!!

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 07:10:00 GMT 1999

--- FallenAngel <666FallenAngel@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Earnie,
>
> Tuesday, October 12, 1999, 2:16:51 PM, you wrote:
>
> EB> Also, try removing the spaces within the angle brackets.  I.E. write it
> as
> EB> #include <stdio.h> instead of #include < stdio.h >.
>
> thanks! that worked! -but why?
> i'm using a c/c++ tutorial and there it's " < stdio.h >

I've never seen it with spaces.  Most of us are lazy and avoid unneeded
characters.  I don't know what the ANSI specifications are to know if this is a
bug or not.

> in advance:
> how can i set the directory which is searched for libs by gcc?

You can find the man/info pages for gcc online at http://www.fsf.org I believe.
 The answer to this specific question is -L/path/to/lib and for include files
-I/path/to/include.h.  You use -lmylib to specify which library to use and the
name of the library is in the form of libmylib.a.

I've copied the list on this for the benefit of archiving.

=====
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)