Summary of how to resolve current timezone problem with Cygwin?

Karr, David david.karr@attws.com
Tue Oct 12 08:54:00 GMT 1999

Yesterday I noticed that Cygwin's time was off by an hour.  I noticed a
couple notes about this in the list.  Apparently the problem will "fix
itself" on 10/31 when the DST shift occurs.  Another notion is that
obtaining a recent snapshot of "cygwin1.dll" should resolve the problem.
I'm having trouble connecting to the FTP site as of now, but when I get
there, is there a "good" version of this, or should we just go for the most
recent version?