Compiling Sendmail With Cygwin?

Ross Smith ross.s@ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 29 10:11:00 GMT 1999

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Cygwin is a wonderful environment to use for porting the typical UNIX code.
> Why not just give it a simple try?  You may be surprised at how easy it can be.
>  As for sendmail itself I've never built it from source so I can't confirm or
> deny how easy this could be.
>
> The headache is undoubtedly going to be the never ending "text mode" vs "binary
> mode" processing.

Another major headache I've found with running Unix configure & make
files under Cygwin is file names, specifically "foo" vs "foo.exe" for
executables. A lot of scripts are broken by this one. GCC itself has a
hack to work around this, but utilities like cp, mv, rm, etc don't.

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand