How to get Started...??

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 19:54:00 GMT 1999

--- Fito <fito@crosswinds.net> wrote:

> 	Hi all...
>
> 	I have joined the list just  in thism week and i would like to star making
> software for
> windows (i make software with C/C++ only in linux...) So like the subject
> says the main question is
> How do i get stared ?? Which is the software i must download, docs ??? And
> another important
> question ??? Could you tell me of some online book, documentation or
> downloadable guide to learn
> windows 9x sys calls and all related to win32 ( i guess windows 2000 will
> still use win32) where
> can i get something about ???
>
> 	I have started to use Visual C++, will it be also usefull with cygwin ???
>
> 	thanks for all the answers...

You will want to check out my page so that you can simplify your Directory
Structure.  As for MSVC being useful with cygwin I suppose it's a matter of
opinion, however the objects created by the different packages aren't quite
compatible yet.  So, I don't think it will be too useful.  Since you're
interested only in programming Win32 then check out the Mingw32 package from
Mumit Khan's page and he has some useful documentation that will help.

Good Luck,

=====
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)