Diff of dirs invokes Dr. Watson

Kenneth Porter shiva@well.com
Sun Oct 31 19:54:00 GMT 1999

Ah ha! That gave me the clue I needed. I checked the path and found
*no* cygwin in it. A little more detective work turned up a diff.exe in
some other directory, and a quick check of the strings inside indicated
it's linked to the VC++ runtime.

I have cygwin installed, but must have taken it out of the path at some
point. *That* diff doesn't crash.

Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction!

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:47:42 -0700 (PDT), Earnie Boyd wrote:

>--- Kenneth Porter <shiva@well.com> wrote:
>> I'm running NT4SP3, and when I run diff against two directories, a Dr.
>> Watson dialog pops up informing me that diff has crashed. Anyone else
>> seeing this? What can I do about it? I'm using the B20.1 DLL.
>>

>Do you have more than one cygwin1.dll in the path?  Provided the output of
>`cygcheck -s -v -r' either pasted or plain text attached file.
>
>=====
>Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com