link win32 standard runtimes

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 19:54:00 GMT 1999

--- Jarbas Jarbudo <jarbas99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all
> I'm having this error:
> BASH.EXE-2.02$ gcc file.c -mwindows -o file.exe
> /CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/i586-cygwin32/bin/ld:
> warning: cannot find entry symbol _WinMainCRTStartup;
> defaulting to 00401000
> .

A known and reported "bug".  Search the archives for more of an answer.

> Looks like i didnt link to the win32 gui runtime lib
> and  i have to reinstall the compiler or link it to
> the win32 standard runtimes. Please someone tell me
> how to do it

You could just ingore it.  After all it is just a "warning".

> Thanks in advance

You're welcome,

=====
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)