X11 for cygwin B20.1 ???

Kevin L. McWhirter klmcw@earthlink.net
Sun Sep 19 18:07:00 GMT 1999

Hi! Thank for the reply.

However...

 I have also been using gvim win32 for a couple of revisions (recently upgraded to
5.4).  What I want is a gvim compiled with the cygwin B20.1 libs so that it will
work with Perforce's p4 command (also compiled with cygwin B20.1).

When I issue a 'p4 resolve' (to resolve merge conflicts) I am presented with an
oppurtunity to edit the merged source.  p4 will then operate on that edit
(checking the editted version into the repository for instance).  The native gvim
does not understand the file path that p4 passes it.

I did find some one who had ported an earlier version of gvim using the UNIX/X11
sources.  That is why I started pursuing installing X11.  I was contemplating
reworking the port for vim 5.4

I do not agree with you about VNC however.  They provide there own X server
(Xvnc).  This X server is meant to be used with vncserver and vncclient but is an
honest to God X server (unlike MI/X). I have used it quite successfully under
Linux! It seems to be based on X11 sources (make World to build).

Thanks for your input on the X11R6.3/X11R6.4 differences.  I guess either one will
suit my needs.

Thanks again for the reply!
Kevin