Making Cygwin write DOS style text files

Rabbe Fogelholm Rabbe.Fogelholm@ellemtel.se
Wed Sep 29 00:30:00 GMT 1999

Hi all,

I am new to the list; hope this is not a FAQ ( I have read the "How is
the DOS/Unix CR/LF thing handled?" FAQ entry).

My problem: I want to manipulate a text file under Win32, using Cygwin
Tools (grep, sed etc). The resulting file has Unix-style line ends
(single LF) and looks unreadable when opened with Notepad.

My best solution thus far: Filter the text through gawk
'{printf("%s\015\n",$0);}' .

This works, but is there a neater solution?

--Rabbe Fogelholm, Ellemtel, Stockholm, Sweden