clock skew

Trevor Forbes trevorforbes@ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 6 16:52:00 GMT 2000

I get  the following random error when building packages?

make[1]: *** Warning: File `xmakefile' has modification time in the future
(2000-04-07 08:09:32 > 2000-04-07 08:09:31)
make[1]: *** Warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

The clock skew is always out by one second and it never seems to affect the
final build.
There is no network drives involved

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-02/msg00035.html
states the problem as:
This appears to be a typical characteristic of Windows systems, as if the
low order bits of the file time are "random."  It hasn't appeared to be a
problem; I don't see it as often in Win2K.  I've wondered whether cygwin
should mask off the low order bits, given that Windows works this way.

Is the above statement correct?

Anyway, my question is, given that it does not seem to affect builds and
that does not seem to be a common problem.
Should I just continue to ignore the error or will it eventually cause a
build to be incomplete?

Trevor