3 bugs

Martin Heller Ing.-Buero_Heller@t-online.de
Mon Apr 17 17:04:00 GMT 2000

DJ Delorie wrote:
> It sounds like this is a "feature" of the Win32 file system, in that
> it doesn't *quite* preserve the file name correctly.  If so, there's
> not much we can do about it.  Except, perhaps, to MIME encode the
> problem file names :-(
It's a "feature" of the - in this respect absolutely brain damaged -
NT/Win32 subsystem  file naming/handling:
NTFS knows the difference between "xy." and "xy" , but the Win32 layer
"erases" this knowledge !
Getting this NTFS capability back under Win32 is not a trivial task,
perhaps not doable without writing a kernel subsystem .

MARTIN

P.S.: The Interix Posix subsystem knows the difference on NTFS