B20.2: problem building LIBDES 3.01

Thomas John tjohn@vcpl.net
Wed Apr 26 01:54:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

I have downloaded LIBDES 3.01 (latest version of the DES encryption library)
from http://munitions.cifs.org/0301.shtml but get the following error when I
try and run "make install".

bash-2.03$ make install
gcc -O2      -c read_pwd.c -o read_pwd.o
read_pwd.c:17: sgtty.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [read_pwd.o] Error 1

The problem line of code is #include <sgtty.h> which would suggest that
sgtty.h should be a system header file and therefore might be missing from
the cygwin distribution.  Does this sound right?

I am running NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a.  I think the version of Cygwin I am
running is 20.2.  I downloaded Cygwin by following the "New Cygwin Net
Release (Apr 17 2000)" on the homepage and am unable to find the release
number anywhere.  Sorry I'm a bit of a cygwin rookie.

I have attached a cygcheck.out file as suggested.

Regards,
Tom.

Thomas John
Virtual Communities