ld file not found with gcc (cygchk incl)

Jason Hirsch purduephotog@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:39:00 GMT 2000

Greetings-

I have recently downloaded (yes, you can sigh and say 'another one') the
Cygnus software for compiling some un*x code on the NT platform, if
possible.

I created a small 'hello world' program to test the compiler, and recieve
the following error-

*---
bash-2.04$ gcc -Wall hello_world.c
hello_world.c:4: warning: return type of `main' is not `int'
/cygdrive/d/cygwin/usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
bash-2.04$
---*

Now every post i've seen has someone post the contents of cygchk, so in
following tradition, i will.  but i'll rip the software keys out...

I'm a little stumped here.  The code runs perfectly on my machine at home,
has run fine before, yet it won't run here.

Suggestions?

Thank you,

Jason Hirsch
*----
Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Tue Aug  1 12:49:51 2000

WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 6

Path:	/cygdrive/d/cygwin/bin
	/cygdrive/d/cygwin/usr/local/bin
	/cygdrive/d/cygwin/usr/sbin
	/cygdrive/d/tmp
	/cygdrive/d/cygwin/usr/bin
	/WINNT/system32
	/WINNT
	.
	/PROGRA~1/E!OC

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

MAKE_MODE = `unix'
PWD = `/cygdrive/d/CygWin/projects'

!D: = `D:\CygWin\bin'
BIN = `d:\CygWin\Bin'
COMPUTERNAME = `xxxxxxxx'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe'
HOMEDRIVE = `C:'
HOMEPATH = `\'
HOSTNAME = `xxxxxxxxxxx'
HOSTTYPE = `i586'
LANG = `en'
LOGONSERVER = `\\xxxxxxx'
MACHTYPE = `i586-pc-cygwin'
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = `1'
OLDPWD = `/cygdrive/d/CygWin'
OS2LIBPATH = `C:\WINNT\system32\os2\dll;'
OS = `Windows_NT'
OSTYPE = `cygwin'
PATHEXT = `.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH'
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = `x86'
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = `x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel'
PROCESSOR_LEVEL = `6'
PROCESSOR_REVISION = `0803'
PROMPT = `$P$G'
SHELL = `/bin/sh'
SHLVL = `1'
STRTMNU = `Startm~1'
STRTMNUPRG = `Startm~1\Programs'
SYSTEMDRIVE = `C:'
SYSTEMROOT = `C:\WINNT'
TEMP = `C:\TEMP'
TERM = `cygwin'
TMP = `D:\TMP'
USERDOMAIN = `EKC1'
USERNAME = `xxxxxx'
USERPROFILE = `C:\WINNT\Profiles\xxxxxx'
WINDIR = `C:\WINNT'
_ = `/cygdrive/d/cygwin/usr/bin/cygcheck'
TZ = `EST5EDT4,M4.1.0/2,M10.5.0/2'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000020
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `C:'
  flags = 0x00000000
----*