_argc & _argv

Paul Garceau pgarceau@teleport.com
Tue Aug 1 18:23:00 GMT 2000

On 1 Aug 2000, at 20:46, the Illustrious Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 05:39:51PM -0800, Paul Garceau wrote: >Hi
> folks, > >   From what I can tell, the values noted in the
> subject line >are not defined as part of standard non-mingw32
> headers. > >   My question is, how does Cygwin deal with argc,
> argv  without >using mingw32 headers?
>
> Like any UNIX program (or Windows program for that matter).  They
> are arguments to main:

	Yes, I know that...I also realize that these sound like foolish
questions that only a newbie would ask...when working with three
or four different compiler ports at any given time, they tend to
get mixed up...

> int main (int argc, char **argv);

	More specifically, is argc, argv defined with or w/o leading
underscores for Cygwin when it comes to defining them for a
main() routine?

   csMain (argc, argv); (Cygwin?)
   csMain (__argc, __argv); (Mingw/MS)
   csMain(_argc,_argv); (Borland)