sshd and inetd

Stephan Hendl Stephan.Hendl@lds.brandenburg.de
Wed Aug 2 00:31:00 GMT 2000

Unfortunately I run into some more problems:

I started the inetd from the local system during the boot process. I assume that the owner of the inetd-process is the Administrator? If the machine is up and I want to start a shell than the / is the home-directory of my nt-account instead of the cygwin-unix home of the user "hendl". When I stop the inetd and try to open a shell oncemore everthing works fine. ??? The Admin and my own useraccount have the rights that are mentioned in the README of openssh and inetd.

The %PATH% systemvariable includes "d:\cygwin\bin", and the CYGWIN=ntsec ist set too.

What abount the Registry? An entry HKLM\Software ...\Cygwin is the last key. Program Optiona are not present. Should I create it or is it ok to put the variables in the system environment?

Additionally I could not login into the system via sshd / inetd including password authorisation.

thanks
Stephan

--
LDS Brandenburg