FD_ZERO &inttypes.h

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Aug 3 05:58:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 08:56:12PM +0100, Tarmo J?rvi wrote:
>I'm using Cygwin 1.1.2 and it seems to work very nicely except
>two little problems:
>
>1) <sys/types.h> defines FD_ZERO(...) as bzero(...). During compilation,
>this gives warning: implicit declaration of function bzero(...). Any ideas?

grep is your friend.

>2) There seems not to be <inttypes.h> (or <stdint.h>), where uint8_t etc.
>are defined. Hopefully either of those is included in the next release.

You seem to be confused as to how this all works.  We provide software for
your amusement.  If you find problems you can either 1) submit a patch to
correct the problem or 2) wait some arbitrarily long time from minutes to
never for us to get around to fixing the "problem".

In this case, you're asking for something that is, AFAIK, nonstandard.  There
appears to be a file called inttypes.h on linux.  I don't see that file on
a number of other UNIX systems.  I am not going to be taking any time to
investigate this further.  Possibly someone else will be interested and
will submit the necessary bits for approval.

Christopher Faylor
Cygwin Engineering Manager (and developer)
Red Hat, Inc.