Shell spawning and environment problem on W2K

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Aug 3 07:58:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:48:12AM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:
>IIRC, there's an option --load-max or --max-load or something like that that's
>supposed to launch as many jobs as possible up to the max load you specify.  I
>really doubt this'll work under NT, but it's worth a shot (I've been pleasantly
>surprised by Cygwin before).

It won't work.  This relies on a working method for getting the load average on
the machine which is pretty difficult on NT and, AFAIK, impossible on W9x.

If you try this you'll probably end up swamping your system.

cgf