Horrid Configuration - more data. Help Please

Vince Rice vrice@solidrocksystems.com
Thu Aug 3 20:07:00 GMT 2000

I tried this guys stuff a couple of weeks ago and ran into some problems.
Specifically, I need to 'sed' a large (70MB) file.  His 'sed' ran for
several minutes, then errored with a "not enough memory" or some such memory
(I truly don't remember).  I dl'd the Cygwin DLL and sed, unzipped them, and
voila', the Cygwin sed ran without a problem (in less time).

I do admit the idea of native NT versions is attractive, especially since I
couldn't get Cygwin's sed to recognize paths (from cmd, not bash),
regardless of how I entered them.  I had to put sed in the same directory as
the file to be 'sed'ed, which worked fine.  I tried
	sed \dir\dir\filename.ext
and
	sed /dir/dir/filename.ext

and neither worked (gave "no such file" type of message).  I know we're
supposed to be able to run the executables from cmd, but I couldn't find
anything in either the user manual or in the archives (I made an attempt to
search the archives, but I really had no idea on what words to search <g>).

Vince