the direcectory named TEMP or TMP

Bobby McNulty Junior bmcnultyjunior@yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 04:07:00 GMT 2000

OK. I thought I had to create it, but looking at the
cygwin dirctory, there was tmp.
Thanks, Corrina.

--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna@vinschen.de> wrote:
> Bobby McNulty Junior wrote:
> >
> > Do you still have to have a TEMP directory before
> > starting Cygwin?
> > I read the docs(outdated) and it gave the
> information
> > about a TEMP directory.
> > Bobby
>
> Cygwin itself doesn't need /tmp (nor does it ever
> need it) but many
> UNIX tools need it. Bash for example still warns the
> user if it can't
> find /tmp.
>
> However, if you use the current setup tool, it
> creates /tmp by itself.
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen                  Please, send mails
> regarding Cygwin to
> Cygwin Developer
> mailto:cygwin@sources.redhat.com
> Red Hat, Inc.
> mailto:vinschen@cygnus.com
>
> --

=====
It was the the Best Of Times, it was the worst of times
Message, Spock?
Non that I'm concious of, except, of course, Happy Birthday.
Kirk and Spock in Star Trek II The Wrath Of Khan
May 1982

Robert McNulty Junior (C) 2000