libodbccp32.a

Neil Lunn corrosion99@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 20:49:00 GMT 2000

>All the symbols are from odbc32.dll, but in odbc32.dll they are exported as
>aliases. This may be the problem:

>The linker is trying to use /cygdrive/c/winnt/system32/odbc32.dll instead
>of
>/usr/lib/libodbc32.a  If so, the only thing visible in odbc32.dll are the
>aliased names, without trailing @n.   Try -v to see what libs are being
>linked in.

Exactly right! Sometimes it takes someone else to state the obvious before I
see the problem. Thanks Danny, Thanks Chris!

Don't even need libodbccp32, not for my purposes anyway. Of course all the
functions should be defined in the odbc32 lib. I just wasn't looking at it.
The present README.cygwin and Makefile patches are supplied by a user of an
older distribution who just stuck in libodbccp32 because it was there.

No one seems to have mentioned this, so it's off to the DBI mailing list
with patches and a new README. At least there be a note in the Archive.

The only thing is that this build was looking picked up a reference to
win32.h from perl.h. win32.h is not defined on a stock cygwin configuration,
I actually edited perl.h but I guess a symlink to windows.h would be just as
good.

Should that be standard in cygwin? Should this be an issue for the perl
porters? Or is this just another README!

I may come back to looking at linking to DLL's come the weekend, for now
though that's another perl module down and done anyway.

Thanks All!