#include <stdio.h> didn't work.

Adam Rosenberg adam.rosenberg@sourceprose.com
Thu Aug 10 14:06:00 GMT 2000

    Okay, what did I do wrong?  I got the CYGWIN compiler on my
Windows-NT personal computer by downloading SETUP.EXE from a web
page (and I forget which) and it works great and I love it and I
can make my program run with it.  That's good.

    Then I decided to run it on another computer, so I put the
compiler onto a CD (E:) and typed  XCOPY E:\CYGWIN C:\CYGWIN /S
to the prompt of a DOS window.  So far as I know, all of the
subdirectories of C:\CYGWIN are intact on the other computer.
In particular, C:\CYGWIN\USR\INCLUDE\STDIO.H was there.

    I  SET CYGWIN=C:\CYGWIN  and I put C:\CYGWIN\BIN right up
front in the path and then typed  GCC FOO.C  where foo.c has
#include <stdio.h>  as its second line.  Anyhow it complains
that it can't find STDIO.H in FOO.C line 2.

    Does anybody know what I did wrong on the other computer?

Adam N. Rosenberg
6751 Rufe Snow Drive, Suite 350
Watauga, Texas  76148-2331
    1-817-281-8225 ext. 205