makeinfo not built to run under win32 ?

Chuck Meade chuckmeade@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 07:48:00 GMT 2000

Chris,

There is not a "makeinfo.exe" in the gcc distribution (like you
said), but one is built when building gcc *under* cygwin.  Building
gcc under cygwin produces a makeinfo.exe in your gcc build area
that is not able to run in a cygwin environment, even though the
makeinfo.exe that comes with cygwin runs properly.

I looked at the source file makeinfo.c that is supplied with
gcc and ran some quick tests.  Function find_and_load is failing
because WIN32 is not defined when makeinfo is built.  Is the fact
that WIN32 is not defined during this build a problem with cygwin,
or with gcc?

When you say that the version on sources has a lot of extra
patches, do you mean the version of makeinfo in cygwin, or the
makeinfo source in gcc?

Thanks a lot,
Chuck