Multiple users of cygwin and "bash here"

egb@us.ibm.com egb@us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 16 05:26:00 GMT 2000

Using the registry editor, make you registry in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT look like
this:

(Specifically, I addes a "Bash" key under "shell" in both
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory keys.
In Bash, I added the "command" key. Below, I describe the string values of
these keys.

 dot dot to. a lot of lines here.

and

Make your keys look like these under "directory" and "drive" in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
String value for "Bash" is "Bash Here" - this is any ol' string which will
show up in your right click menu.
String value for command is (in my case) f:\cyg\bin\bash.exe. Remember both
are REG_SZ strings.

Ed

Your Windows 2000 Arborist
T/L 589-4410; Outside: 1-919-993-4410