Windows98 error message with gcj : abnormal termination ...

Tim Prince tprince@computer.org
Sun Aug 20 07:11:00 GMT 2000

Did you follow the example
 gcj -mno-cygwin --main=HelloWorld -o HelloWorld HelloWorld.java

found at http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~jb7216/libgcj/ ?
It worked here, with or (under bash) without -mno-cygwin .
Tim Prince
----- Original Message -----
From: "cormier" <cormier@u-picardie.fr>
To: <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 2:59 AM
Subject: Windows98 error message with gcj : abnormal termination ...

Hi,
I just download the last version of cygwin and gcj. When I try to run
the
java Helloworld program compiled with -mno-cygwin option, Windows98
gives
the abnormal termination message error ....   like this (in french):

HELLOWORLD a cause une defaillance de page (page fault) dans
  le module CYGWIN1.DLL à 0167:610011a3.
When I try without the option -mno-cygwin, nothing!!, even in a DOS
windows
without the option.

Best Regards
Christian CORMIER