Cywing Instalation

Janusz Pawlicki janusz@pempek.com.au
Sun Aug 20 18:49:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I need a help with installation of the cygwin.
I have a problem with running bash shell after cygwin installation. It
complains that the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll could not be found
in the specified path. I looked in the C:\cygwin\bin directory and that
library is not there. I thought that it is going to be created
automatically after installation of cygwin with a setup.exe program. The
installation was completed as the setup.exe said and the end of the
installation.
I did installation of cygwin using internet download option so I presume
all necessary files are downloaded.  Setup.exe program is version 2.0
My PC has NT operating system but I think that should not cause any
problems.
During installation I chosen:
        Root directory                  C:\cygwin
        Default Text File Type     DOS
        Install For                        Just Me

Do you think if that something is wrong with the options I chosen?
I want to use cygwin to build cross compilers for the Motorola CPU32
micro controller and a PowerPC microprocessor. At this stage I am stuck
on installation of cygwin.
Could you please help me with to make progress with that matter.

Regards

Janusz Pawlicki
Software Engineer