symlinks and Emacs

Adam Schlegel aceschle@thinkage.ca
Fri Aug 25 13:12:00 GMT 2000

I know there are quite a few Emacs users out there who would like
to be able to work with cygwin's symlinks. I know I do. I've seen
a few ways of working with symlinked files, but symlinked
directories always seem to cause problems. I've written a small
package in ELisp to deal with this. I'd welcome any feedback ...etc.

Requirements: 	This package requires the cygwin32-mount package.
		I found the package here:
	http://www.egroups.com/group/gnu-win32/5283.html

Instructions: 	Copy the cygwin32-symlink file into a directory in
		your load-path.
		Add the line (require 'cygwin32-symlink) to your
		.emacs file.

Like most software projects, this is a work in progress.
Let me know what you think.

Adam Schlegel