NTemacs autodetect cygwin and understand cygwin mounts

Jeffrey Juliano juliano@cs.unc.edu
Sat Aug 26 07:24:00 GMT 2000

Recently I posted to the emacs newsgroups a pointer to a web page with my
emacs setup.  Using my setup, NTemacs autodetects if it's running under
cygwin and does some configuration.  The big thing is that it understands
cygwin mount points.

I've attached that announcement.

Last week, someone else posted some elisp that makes NTemacs understand
cygwin symlinks.  I haven't looked at that yet, but it's in the
gnu.emacs.sources newsgroup as a followup to my post of cygwin-mount.el.

Feedback welcome.  Many thanks to the original authors of cygwin-mount
(which I originally found on the cygwin mailing list).

enjoy,

-jeff