cplusplus cannot use c dll

khchan@cyberdude.com khchan@cyberdude.com
Tue Aug 29 11:34:00 GMT 2000

hi again and thanks a million for the specs
file documentation! guess i was lucky.

here's another problem encountered recently
and would appreciate if anyone could shine
me some light.

i've got cygwin B20.1 with gcc-2.95.2
running on top of it, set up for msvcrt
mingw32 as documented previously in
README.win32 file from gtk+ for windows
web site.

if this is off-topic, sorry, will dig up
the correct list then...

managed to get C++ compilation and linking to
work, make dlls and all. have pthreads and
opengl, gtkglarea working...
my C programs work with C dlls generated
via gcc.

problem is my C++ programs refuse to work
with my C dlls (while they work with the
pre-built gtk+ dlls; i didn't build these).
i successfully linked C++ progs. but upon
execution, it 'illegal ops' and dies.

if i link in .o files used to generate the
C dlls into the C++ programs, then it works
too.

the apps built import from msvcrt and are
all compiled with -fnative-struct and
-mno-cygwin.

kindly bestow light on this lost soul.
least a little hint on where to look would
be good enough.
thanks in advance..

khchan