PATCH: setup.exe - local download directory selection dialog

Andrej Borsenkow Andrej.Borsenkow@mow.siemens.ru
Wed Aug 30 06:41:00 GMT 2000

This patch adds dialog to select local directory to download files
into/install from. This allows you to avoid putting the whole Cygwin
distribution on desktop when installing directly from Internet :-) and avoid
constant copying of setup.exe into empty directory. I used it to install
several recent packages.

Some comments:

- I modified concat() to preserve leading '//' to work with UNC names - this
allows network browsing. I just installed CVS directly from network server. It
should not do any harm as far as I can tell.

- resource IDs are bogus. I undersand, that resource.h and res.rc are
autogenerated, so I did not want to manually renumber all resource IDs.

- may be, it makes sense to remember last used directory.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>