DLL naming conventions

Tor Lillqvist tml@iki.fi
Thu Aug 31 13:01:00 GMT 2000

Chris Faylor writes:
 >   1. The directory from which the application loaded.
 >   2. The current directory.
 >   3. Windows 95/98: The Windows system directory. [...]
 >      Windows NT/ 2000: The 32-bit Windows system directory. [...]
 >   4.Windows NT/ 2000: The 16-bit Windows system directory. [...]
 >   5.The Windows directory. [...]
 >   6.The directories that are listed in the PATH environment variable.

Where does the possible directories from the application's App Paths
registry entry fit into this? (For instance, if you have Acrobat
Reader 4.0, look at the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\AcroRd32.exe . It contains a couple or directories that should
be searched for DLLs when running acrord32.exe.) My wild guess is that
these directories are inserted at front of those in %PATH%.

--tml