Trouble accessing functions in cygwin1.dll

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 23:05:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 04:40:21PM +1100, Peter Tersteeg wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to use cygwin in a VC++ project (not pleasant, but I don't have a
>choice) and I'm trying to access several functions using LoadLibrary and
>GetProcAddress.  I've used assertions to check that they are found successfully,
>but at runtime the program crashes when calling any of these functions.
>
>The problem seems to be that I'm calling the functions with invalid parameters,
>but I can't find any info that contradicts the parameters I'm using.  The
>functions and the parameters I'm using are:
>
>pid_t  wait(int *)
>int  fcnt(int, int, ...)
>pid_t  fork(void)
>int  pipe(int __fildes[2])
>int  stat(const char *__path, struct stat *__sbuf)
>
>pid_t is defined as an unsigned int.
>
>If anyone knows if these are okay or not, please let me know.

It's not ok.  The fact that the program crashes should be a mild hint that this
is so.

You can't call cygwin from a VC++ program unless you really really know what
you're doing.  And even then, I'm not too sure.

cgf