socks5 support

Mark A. Hillebrand mah@wjpserver.CS.Uni-SB.DE
Fri Dec 8 06:42:00 GMT 2000

Hi!

  Has anyone managed to compile a working libsocks5.a from socks5-v.1.0*
(for example socks5-v1.0r10) from http://www.socks.nec.com ?

   Configure went through; the compilation made it up to this point:
(wd: socks5-v1.0r10/lib:)
./confutil.c:989: `IFF_POINTOPOINT' undeclared (first use in this
function)
./confutil.c:989: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./confutil.c:989: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [confutil.o] Error 1

  (This problem was also reported by Leonard Norrgard 1998/11/04, cf.
http://www.delorie.com/archives/browse.cgi?p=cygwin-developers/1998/11/04/17:01:56 )
I did not found further problem indications or help)

  From a linux installation a took the definition #define IFF_POINTTOPOINT
0x10 from the include file if.h (in cygwin: /usr/include/cygwin/if.h).
Compilation went through in this case, producing a libsocks5.a
  After some tweaks I managed to compile the socksified telnet
(./clients/telnet), which worked fine for hosts *inside* the firewall but
not outside the firewall. The libsocks5.a debug output (turned on with
SOCKS5_DEBUG, SOCKS5_LOG_STDERR) said:
  00377: NEC NWSL Socks5 v1.0r10  library
  00377: SOCKS connect: REAL
and hung on a "telnet host.outside.of.firewall".

  Someone got any hints?
  My apologies if this is the wrong list, plz redirect me to the right one
in this case.

  Mark Hillebrand

(P.S.: trying to debug I also found out that libsocks receives an "invalid
argument" error on calling getsockname() in lsSocketType() in wrap.c. This
may have lead libsocks5.a to incorrectly identify the requested connection
as something which it need not wrap. This problem would refer to
getsockname() which may not pertain to this lists)

___
mah@wjpserver.cs.uni-sb.de