Cygwin/openssh/X11 forwarding is not behaving

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Fri Dec 8 08:13:00 GMT 2000

On Friday 08 December 2000 16:48, zoch richard wrote:
> I am attempting to use the X11 forwarding features of
> openssh/cygwin.  There are no errors, but there is
> also no attempt to set up the cookies or $display on
> the server side.  Can this be done manually?
>
> Is this is a bug?
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Is there a work-around?
>
> SSH/X11 forwarding is setup correctly on the server
> end and works just fine with other SSH clients, btw.

Did you check if X11Forward is enabled on the client side?
Take a look into /etc/ssh_config. After first install, X11
forwarding is disabled. The reason is commented in ssh_config:

	# Be paranoid by default
	Host *
	        ForwardAgent no
	        ForwardX11 no
	        FallBackToRsh no

Just change /etc/ssh_config or add an appropriate line to your
private ~/.ssh/config file.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.
mailto:vinschen@redhat.com