changes in recent snapshots -- need testing before release

David Starks-Browning starksb@ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 13 08:47:00 GMT 2000

Apologies for replying to a 3-month-old thread:

On Tuesday 10 Oct 00, DJ Delorie writes:

> > Or is there a technique to have setup.exe do this for you?  If not,
> > could/should it be extended to do so?
>
> If you bunzip2 it, gzip it, rename it to cygwin-YYYYMMZZ.tar.gz, put
> it in an empty directory, and run setup there, setup should give you
> the option of installing it.  Let us know if that works ;-)

I've added an entry in the FAQ about using setup.exe to install
cygwin-inst snapshot tarballs.  Should be quite handy for those who
need to try them.

Regards,
David