Makeinfo step in installations

David A. Cobb superbiskit@home.com
Wed Dec 13 19:37:00 GMT 2000

Betraying how little I understand, I'm not sure which of these applies.
I find *.info files here and there, but "$  info" doesn't find much of
anything.  I figured there was some step that would have moved them to the
/usr/info directory or set up links to them or something.  Building or adding
to the /usr/info/dir sounds like the thing.

Looking more carefully, I realize "makeinfo" is the step that created the
"*.info" files.   I'll try the "make install-info"

Is there an environment variable I should set to identify the path(s) for
info?
--

--
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate.  Public Key at:
< http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit >