Mounting confusion

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Fri Dec 15 10:04:00 GMT 2000


On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 10:02:58AM -0800, Law, Doug wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I recently started investigating applications programming on a budget and
>was delighted to find both Cygwin and DJGPP (Thanks DJ and Eli).
>However I have come to realize that there is a great deal about I don't
>understand about the differences between DOS and WIN9X and Unix.  Is there
>an FAQ or HOW-TO or Tutorial on-line that you can direct me to that explains
>the major differences between these systems?  In particular I am confused by
>the differences between the path specifications in DOS/WIN and the concept
>of "mounting" I have heard discussed in this list.
>I am coming out of a DOS background with limited windows programming
>exposure so simple is good.
>
>Thanks in advance,

http://cygwin.com

Click on the "Documentation" link.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com



More information about the Cygwin mailing list