_open problem using O_EXCL flag and -mno-cygwin

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Sat Dec 16 09:30:00 GMT 2000

--- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 11:24:47AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >--- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com> wrote:
> >> Since this sounds like a question about how the Mingw version
> (-mno-cygwin)
> >> of the compiler works, you should probably direct the question to that
> list
> >> (mingw-users@lists.sourceforge.net).
> >>

> >Wrong advice.  -mno-cygwin is a Cygwin specific option.  However, this has
> >do with the mingw-runtime and could either be a problem with crtdll or the
> >definition of O_EXCL for the mingw-runtime headers.
> >
> >I'll look into this eventually.
>
> I don't understand your response.  The person was reporting a problem with,
> essentially, a mingw appliation.  Larry suggested that the question should
> go to the mingw-users mailing list.  Why is this incorrect advice?
>
> I would have thought that it was possible that this kind of issue would be
> well-known to the users of that list.
>
> Certainly -mno-cygwin is an option to the Cygwin version of gcc but the
> resulting code should be nearly identical to a "native" mingw compiler.
> That puts this question into the realm of a mingw mailing list, IMO.

Sorry, you're correct.  Don't know what I was thinking of.  This should have
been on the MinGW list as it involves the MinGW runtime.

Apologies,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com