Is there any way link to cygwin library using Visual C++ compiler?

TXu@PLANSYS.COM TXu@PLANSYS.COM
Wed Dec 20 15:25:00 GMT 2000

Hi, there:

To use the Cygwin API, do I have to use the gcc compiler? Is there any way
in cygwin so I could statically link the Library which include fork(),
socketpair() etc to Visual C++ compiler? If I could, would you please give
me some hint, since I didn't see any file with extension name .lib in Cygwin
directory?

Based on the mail I read, "mknod filename p" and "mkfifo filename" commands
are not implemented in cygwin even in the latest version, right?

Your great help is highly appreciated!

Have a very merry Christmas and happy new year!

Sincerely,

Tao Xu