new install of cygwin with pdksh doesn't work

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 19:38:00 GMT 2000

--- Chris Abbey <cabbey@bresnanlink.net> wrote:
> As Earnie suggested, comparing the outputs, with attention to the mount
> point information will show that /cygdrive/? is mounted differently between
> the two machines, popcorn (I'll guess is the working one) mount with the
> flags as 0x0020 while nachos (I'll guess doesn't work) mounts with 0x0022.
> I'll venture a guess that you're accessing the scripts from /cygdrive/?/...
> right? (because the other mounts are the same for both.

Yep, that be it.  The HOME directory is /cygdrive/d/dmk on both.

> a solution, as Christopher suggested, is to remove the ^M from the files.
> the easiest way I know of to do this is to pipe the script through "tr -d
> '\r'"
> so for example:
>
> tr -d '\r' < /cygdrive/c/myscript > /tmp/myscript
> mv -f /tmp/myscript /cygdrive/c/myscript
>
> the other would be to mount the location of the script in an explictly
> controlled mount point (text mode), or to change the default mount
> mode.

And the other would be to rerun setup and choose the DOS radio button.  Just
rerun setup, no need to redownload anything.

Cheers,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com