AW: AW: AW: documentation archive

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Thu Dec 21 08:43:00 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernard Dautrevaux" <Dautrevaux@microprocess.com>
To: "'Earnie Boyd'" <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>; "Larry Hall (RFK Partners,
Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>; <cygwin@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 3:05 AM
Subject: RE: AW: AW: AW: documentation archive

Check out rfc 2616 - Ie 5.5 (possibly 5.0) supports content-encoding,
allowing it to download any file in a compressed format and decompress to
the users chosen filetype on arrival. So .tar.gz becomes .tar. However it is
at least slightly broken - it doesn't rename it (default will save as
.tar.gz still) and it should only decompress when the HTTP server send a
Content-Encoding header AND a different mime type header...

Rob