gethostbyname & uname question, help!
Corinna Vinschen
cygwin@cygwin.com
Fri Dec 29 02:04:00 GMT 2000
On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 05:21:00PM +0800, crazyyao wrote:
> I am a green hand in cygwin programming.
> Would someone tell me how to get the network program compiled on cygwin?
>
> I can't find which lib contains the function "uname" and
> the function "gethostbyname" can't return the right value, either.
I don't understand. Both functions are part of the standard
library and are linked in without giving any additional lib
when linking. gethostbynmae returns what Winsock returns
except the given name is a x.x.x.x address in which case
this address is returned.
> Which head file should I include, winsock.h or sys/socket.h?
> What's the differenc between them?
Don't include the winsock headers by yourself when creating a
Cygwin application.
> Which libs should I use?
libcygwin.a which is linked in by default. No commandline switch
necessary.
> Where are they?
/lib
> I used to work on Linux.
Congratulations.
Corinna
--
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list