RCS 5.7 & bin/text mounts

Andre Oliveira da Costa costa@cade.com.br
Fri Feb 4 09:03:00 GMT 2000

[...]
> What is the best solution to this problem - simply to mount the partition
> that I do my RCS work on, as binary? I still don't understand why RCS is
> interfering with the extra CR's added by text-mode anyway... if that is
> indeed the problem...?

You're right about the exrta CR's: if the RCS file foo.c,v is stored in
"UNIX mode" (no extra CR's) and you check foo.c in "DOS mode", the extra
CR's _will_ count as differences, even if you haven't changed a single char.

--
André Oliveira da Costa
(costa@cade.com.br)

"An unrecoverable error occured and windows will shut down.
If the problem persists please contact http://www.linux.org/ "